We are committed to developing Information Literate Life Long Learners through a P-12 Information Literacy Initiative, based on our vision:
Knowledge Navigators: Forging Futures @ Faith
At Faith Lutheran College, Redlands, both Link Road and Beveridge Road Teaching Staff support the initiative through using common terminology and descriptors and setting all assignments using the Information Literacy Proforma.
Information Literacy is an essential set of skills to enable success for any student in the 21st Century.
An Information Literate person:
- Recognises the need for information and determines the nature and extent of the information needed
- Finds needed information effectively and efficiently
- Critically evaluates information and the information seeking process
- Manages information collected or generated
- Applies prior and new information to construct new concepts or create new understandings
- Uses information with understanding and acknowledges cultural, ethical, economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information