Faith Kindy Plus - Enrolments Open Now!
Starting next year, Faith Lutheran College Redlands is adding a new member to its growing family. Formerly an independent entity, ‘Faith Kindy Plus’ launches in 2023 as an official part of the College, and is expanding with extended hours, increased flexibility and CCS eligibility. This new change comes in response to community feedback and is in adaptation to the changing needs of families in the area.
With close knit class limits of 22 students under dedicated qualified Early Childhood Educators and Teaching Assistants, Faith Kindy Plus offers a calm, consistent environment with opportunities for flexibility and spontaneity, encouraging independence and growth. The Kindy provides a nurturing, family oriented and Government approved program focused on play-based learning, with both child initiated and intentional teaching activities.
What does Faith Kindy Plus offer?
- Class Limits of 22 Students
- Registered Teachers and Teaching Assistants with Early Childhood Qualifications
- Child Care Subsidy available to eligible families
- Operation through all Term Periods and School Holidays (Excluding Christmas - New Year Period and Public Holidays)
- Extended hour sessions and flexible enrolment days
- Focus on Play Based Learning - with child initiated exploration and intentional teaching activities
- Visits and immersion into activities and school events for a smooth transition to Prep
- Classroom Visits to Prep and Year 1
- Under 8's Day
- Uses stories, songs, activities and prayer to introduce the 'Fruits of the Spirit':
(Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control)
Faith Kindy Plus places an emphasis on Lutheran values, introducing the ‘Fruits of the Spirit’ through stories, songs, activities and prayer. The program also places value on immersing students in various aspects of the College life and culture in preparation to enter Prep the following year. Students are included in chapel and assemblies, visit the Junior School Library and Tuckshop, take part in classroom visits to Prep and Year 1, and participate in whole College events throughout the year. It is the College’s aim to ensure that students feel like they are part of a community from their very earliest school experiences.
Our Kindy Plus students can enjoy the serenity of their spacious outdoor nature play area, complete with a Shaded Sandpit, Native Bees, Veggie Patch and Grassy Playground Area with Flower Beds and Eucalyptus Trees (and the occasional Koala). The centre is also undergoing transformations inside and outside, with updates to classroom decoration and facilities, plus a brand new architecturally designed fort in the playground!
Faith Kindy Plus offers the “best of both worlds”. We are a dedicated Kindergarten with the added convenience of offering extended hours and the flexibility for families to enrol in preferred days. The program runs year-round, with CCS funding available to eligible families.
For enrolment, waitlist and other enquiries, please contact our lovely Service Leader Megan for assistance.
Phone: (07) 3207 6879